Geist UPDU Universal Power Distribution Unit
Other Equipment & Accessories
The UPDU is a versatile rack power distribution unit featuring a universal input and detachable Facility Side Cable (FSC - sold separately). The UPDU supports common AC power configurations ranging from 16A-60A and 120V-415V. Available in basic to intelligent models featuring advanced remote power monitoring, environmental monitoring, and optional outlet level switching. The UPDU simplifies critical IT infrastructure deployments by allowing a single model to be installed around the world.
- The Universal Input enables users to utilize a single UPDU model with various input power configurations to simplify inventory management and enable rapid deployments worldwide.
- Increase or decrease UPDU power capacity by changing the FSC to adapt to fluctuating equipment power needs.
- Upgradeable models allow users to upgrade the hot-swappable monitoring device on the fly to leverage new technologies and accommodate changing business needs.
- Remotely reboot outlets to power cycle unresponsive IT equipment or increase runtime of critical equipment upon power failure with outlet-level control on select models.
- Reliable power distribution with local and remote power monitoring available on select models offer quick access to critical power usage information to evaluate energy usage trends and maximize uptime.
- Monitor power consumption at the outlet-level on select units for a detailed view of power distributed to specific equipment with the outlet level option.
- Environmental monitoring capabilities available on select models ensure users have critical infrastructure data at their fingertips.
- U-Lock receptacles on select models secure power cords and avoid accidental disconnections.
- Every unit is 100% tested for reliability and functionality to ensure units function as designed.
- Standard three-year warranty, upgraded to five years with product registration.
- Save time and money by pre-integrating Vertiv Geist rPDUs with the VR Rack. Contact your local sales representative to get started.
- The universal power input can mate to any geographically specific FSC, Facility Side Cable, and is designed to operate with variable power input configurations (defined by the connected FSC).
- The Pivoting Connector adjusts from 0 to 90 degrees to assist with power cable routing.
- Global compliance certification includes: UL Certified, CE Marked, China RoHS, RoHS Compliant, and RCM Mark (EMC only).
- High Temperature Grade 60°C for high temperature environments.
- Available in vertical and horizontal rackmount form factors.
- Simple and quick installation in all standard racks or cabinets with included mounting brackets.
- Simple and convenient configuration options for chassis colors.
- TAA compliant.
- Vertiv Geist Intelligent Rack PDU Installer User Guide
- Vertiv Rack PDU Brochure SL-20881
- Vertiv Geist UPDU and FSC Handout
- Universal Rack Power Distribution Unit (UPDU) Application Brief
- Limited Warranty for Geist Products
- UPDU with FSC Installation Guide
- IMD Replacement Guide
- Vertiv™ Geist™ rPDU Product Line Comparison Data Sheet SL-70599
- Vertiv™ Geist™ Combination Outlet C13 / C19 Handout